The YMA financial aid committee awards aid twice during Spring of 2019 (dates to come soon). Please apply early, as funds are limited. Note: If you are applying for Financial Aid, send the aid application materials in before registering so you don't have to pay a deposit upfront.
Assistance is awarded on a competitive basis, taking into consideration the following three factors:
- Financial need of the student’s family
- Proficiency and enthusiasm of the student in the major artistic area
- Needs of YMA to strengthen sections or departments
Every applicant will be given due consideration when financial aid is awarded, but because of the number of applicants, not every applicant will receive funds. For more information, please complete the Info Request Form.
Our financial aid application will go live soon. Fill out the form below to be notified when the application is live. When you apply, you will also need to provide the following supplemental materials:
- Written statement of need
- Your 2018 tax filing.
- Letter of recommendation from the student’s most recent instructor
- Letter from the student outlining why you want to come to YMA
- Optional: Additional statement of need from an adviser or teacher
- Optional: Additional proof of need including proof of free or reduced lunch status, financial aid award statements from other organizations or schools, etc.